Happy New Year, family!!!!!
I am sitting here writing this from my tub (dad's gf got me a tub caddy and it is everything, seriously) while wearing a sheet mask and enjoying a cup of bulletproof coffee while roman naps. I know, sounds tough.
I used to take baths almost daily and I never get to anymore, so as I've been enjoying this well-deserved me time I wanted to write out a list of all my New Year's resolutions and goals. 2017 was amazing and shitty and I learned so much and grew so much, but there are still so many things I want to improve on and ways to better myself.
SO HERE THEY ARE. My official 2018 NY Resolution list.
- GET STRAIGHT A's. As many of you know, I am a full-time student. But here's a little back story on my college career. I have been in school off and on since I was 18 years old. I graduated high school at 16 with a 4.0 gpa and yet somehow I have slacked off uncontrollably through college. I have changed my major a bajillion times (5x to be specific) and I have never really given my all. That is until Fall 2015 when I moved to San Diego. I had this great new beau and he was killing it in school and it inspired me to also do so. Since then I have maintained maybeeee about a B average. And what I am realizing now, is that that is fucking unacceptable. I'm a smart girl, and I am entirely able to get A's in my majors and minors. Journalism, Anthropology, Dance, and a dabble in Fashion Merchandising, in case you were wondering. It seems like a lot but its not. The only reason I haven't gotten A's is because I'm lazy and hate homework and studying for exams. I'm 26 years old with a baby, and I need to get my degree, so the slacking is not going to cut it. Plus I want to transfer to UCLA so I really need to step it up.
- SMART GROCERY SHOPPING. I only really started cooking in the last couple years, and this year has been the time I've actually enjoyed learning to cook. But I'm still really bad at grocery shopping. What I mean is, I'm constantly throwing out food in my fridge that has gone bad because I didn't use it. I want to start really focusing on meal planning and shopping smart, so at the end of the week when its time to grocery shop again, my fridge is basically empty because we used EVERYTHING and NOTHING went to waste. Hopefully this pattern will also help with my other shopping habits, butttttt one step at a time.
- ACTUALLY TRULY FOCUSING ON MY HEALTH + WELLNESS. This encompasses a lot. And it has a lot to do with how I want to look and feel. My eating habits are actually pretty good, but there's always room for improvement, especially since I am now going to be teaching my son healthy eating habits. But I've struggled to lose the last of my baby weight and when it comes down to it there's really no excuse for that. I work out often but I really want to let dance take over my soul again. I've been doing ballet off and on for my whole life and it is the one thing that makes me forget all my troubles. So definitely more of that. I don't think I have ever truly been happy with my body during summertime and I would love to put the effort in to being the strongest, healthiest me, because again, no excuse. Also, I need to stop "forgetting" to take my supplements, take my makeup off at night, never leave the house without sunscreen, and trade laying out in the sun for a spray tan. Oh and wear sunglasses more because crows feet.
- NEVER STOP WRITING. This last semester I was overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to be a mom and a student, and I completely neglected my blog. But the thing is, I love this blog. I love writing more than anything, and I love having my photos taken, it makes me feel pretty. I dealt with the deaths of two close friends, my uncle was shot in Las Vegas (he's okay,) and the loss of my aunt's best friend broke my heart. And what I realize now, is I should have written about all of it. Everyone who reads and supports this page have stood by me and I think it would have been good for me to share my emotions with all of you. It's good therapy. You guys rock, seriously.
- NO MORE BROKEN PROMISES/COMMITMENTS. I think my biggest flaw in life is that I'm flakey. I make a lot of plans and tell people I'm going to do something and then when shit hits the fan, radio silence. My family and I are making a big life change soon (I'll tell you later) and I am going to stop shooting myself in the foot and HUSTLE and do what I say I'm going to do. This is going to be an amazing year, and I am going to be the best me yet. For myself, for my partner, my son, and everyone who I bring into my life.
HONORABLE MENTIONS INCLUDE : Less phone time around Roman. Returning clothes I don't wear within the 2 week period to get my money back. Monthly massages. Call my grandparents more.
So that's it! Feel free to let me know your goals in the comments!!! I love you all and as always you can shop my look below.
Photos by Arielle Levy